- This event has passed.
MALAYSIA – Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Preparation (22 – 26 October Weekday)
October 22, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
22 – 26 October 2018 (5 Days Weekday) | 40 Contact Hours
9.00am to 6.00pm
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Project Management Professional (PMP) is the most important globally recognized credential in the field of Project Management, administered by Project Management Institute (PMI). Passing the PMP exam and obtaining the PMP credential will certify your knowledge and experience so you can be more confident at work and more competitive in the job market.
This intensive workshop uses accelerated learning to build your skills as a professional project manager and prepare you for the PMP exam. You will learn the concepts and principles of project management and the knowledge, skills, tools and techniques that will help you to be more effective in your work, and receive detailed test-taking tips and study strategies to help you to pass the PMP exam.
Materials in this class are based on the Project Management Institute, ‘A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge’ (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013.
- This course qualifies for 40 Contact Hours of formal project management education, satisfying the Project Management Institute (PMI) PMP Exam requirement
- This course also qualifies for Professional Development Units (PDUs) under Professional Engineers Board Singapore (PEB) Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program Category 1(b). Please contact PEB for details.
At ePM Training Services we are fully committed to delivering outstanding practical, memorable learning experiences for all participants, enabling you to attain your individual and company goals, increase productivity and, of course, have fun in the process.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
This course is perfect for project managers, team members, senior managers, project leaders, functional managers, information technology professionals, and anyone who is directly involved with projects in almost every industry to certify your knowledge and experience and prepare for the PMP exam
At the end of this two day interactive workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define a project, and explain the essential differences between projects and ongoing work
- Identify all the people who have a stake in your project – the ‘stakeholders’
- Create a detailed project management plan; including a Project Charter, Scope Statement, Work Breakdown Structure, Network Diagram, Cost Budget and Risk Management Plan
- Explain how to Execute, Monitor, Control, and Close the project and manage and motivate your team
- Apply project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques from the five Process Groups and nine Knowledge Areas defined in the PMBOK® Guide
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses in each area of the PMP syllabus, to help you to revise effectively and increase your chances of passing the PMP exam
Overview of Project Management
- Managing a Project; the PMBOK® Guide processes and process groups
Initiating the Project
- Defining the project scope and obtaining approval from stakeholders
- Project Assessment, Stakeholder Analysis, Project Charter development
Planning the Project
- Preparing the project plan and developing the work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Assess project requirements, constraints, and assumptions; create WBS; develop schedule, budget, human resource, communication, procurement, quality, change and risk management plans
Executing the Project
- Performing the work necessary to achieve project objectives
- Direct and Manage Project Execution, update plans with approved changes and actions, manage stakeholder expectations, and maximize team performance
Monitoring and Controlling the Project
- Monitoring project progress, managing change and risk, and communicating project status
- Measure performance and project deliverables, assess corrective actions and communicate status
Closing the Project
- Finalizing activities, archiving documents, obtaining acceptance and communicating project closure
- Transfer ownership of deliverables, obtain financial, legal and administrative closure and collate lessons learned
The PMBOK® Guide Knowledge Areas in Detail
- Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, and Stakeholder Management
PMI’s Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
Study Tips and Strategies
MALAYSIA – THE SBL SCHEME
The SBL Scheme is provided for training courses in Malaysia. HRDF – SBL Scheme supports up to 100% of the course and exam fees, capped at RM1,300 per day for Company – Sponsored trainees. Please visit www.hrdf.com.my for full details.