MALAYSIA – Effective Project Management (17 – 19 Aug Weekday)
August 17 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
17 – 19 August 2021 (3 Days Weekday) | 24 Contact Hours
Course schedule: 9.00am to 6.00pm | Virtual/Face-to-Face Class
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Project Management is a key skill for managers and leaders in the modern business world. The ability to set clear objectives, create a realistic plan, and work together with your team to see the plan through to successful completion will set you apart from others, and help you to successfully manage company projects to stay competitive. This course will give you a firm foundation in the entire project management process from Initiating to Closeout, including all the specific steps needed to successfully plan and manage your next project, Learn what to do when faced with common challenges including; unclear requirements, unrealistic deadlines, unrealistic budget, frequent changes, lack of direct authority and complex group dynamics.
In this interactive workshop, you will work with others in simulated project teams and learn how to create a realistic project plan using proven tools and techniques. You will also learn how to develop a schedule and budget; how to actively manage the risks that could affect your project; and how to manage your team effectively to ensure the highest certainty of success.
This course qualifies for 23 Contact Hours of formal project management education, which can be used towards the Project Management Institute (PMI) CAPM or PMP Exam requirements
At ePM Training Services we are fully committed to delivering outstanding practical, memorable learning experiences for all participants, enabling you to attain your individual and company goals, increase productivity and, of course, have fun in the process.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
This course is perfect for project managers, team members, senior managers, project leaders, functional managers, and anyone who is directly involved with projects in almost every industry who wishes to achieve a better understanding of practical, formal project management methods
At the end of this two day interactive workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define a project, and explain the essential differences between projects and ongoing work
- Identify all the people who have a stake in your project – the ‘stakeholders’
- Create a detailed project management plan for a defined Case Study; including a Project Charter, Scope Statement, Work Breakdown Structure, Network Diagram, Cost Budget and Risk Management Plan
- Explain how to Execute, Monitor and control, and Close the project work, and manage and motivate your team
- Introduction: Course Structure and Objectives
- Overview of Project Management
- Project Management and Project Management Context
- Project Management Processes
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Initiation
- Business Needs and Opportunities
- Project Selection Methods
- Developing the Project Charter
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Project Plan Development
- The Project Management Plan and Performance Measurement Baseline
- Project Scope Planning
- Preparing a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Developing the Schedule
- Resources and Budgeting
- Risk Management
- Project Execution and Delivery
- Managing Stakeholder Expectations
- Project Monitoring, Control, and Closeout
- Monitoring Project Performance
- Integrated Change Control
THE COURSE MATERIAL and group exercises as used in class have been developed over many years following recognized Instructional Design techniques. All material is regularly updated based on participant feedback and current industry good-practices.
OUR TRAINERS have many years of project management, leadership and training experience. All have used the processes, tools, techniques and good-practices outlined in the Project Management Institute, ‘A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge’ (PMBOK® Guide) and are able to relate this knowledge to the running of successful projects in industry.
THE TRAINING WORKSHOP is conducted in a group environment where participants are encouraged to participate in individual and team activities to promote learning, build team morale, and reinforce understanding of concepts.
MALAYSIA – THE SBL/SBL KHAS SCHEME
The SBL Scheme is provided for training courses in Malaysia. HRDF – SBL Scheme supports up to 100% of the course and exam fees, capped at RM1,300 per day for Company – Sponsored trainees. Please visit www.hrdf.com.my for full details.