- This event has passed.
MALAYSIA – Project Cost and Financial Management (29 – 30 April)
April 29 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
29 – 30 April 2019 (2 Days) | 16 PDUs
9.00am to 6.00pm
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Project Cost and Financial Management is concerned with the process of performing pre-project financial assessment, planning, creating and controlling the cost of a project or business. It includes activities such as planning, estimating, budgeting, financing, funding, managing, and controlling costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget.
Cost management covers the full cycle of a project from the pre-project assessment, initial planning phase towards measuring the actual cost performance and project completion. This course will explain the cost definition, process of calculating the project cost and also Earn Value Analysis technique which is used to monitor the performance of the project cost in line with the method as according to PMBOK.
This course qualifies for 16 Contact Hours of formal project management education.
At ePM Training Services we are fully committed to delivering outstanding practical, memorable learning experiences for all participants, enabling you to attain your individual and company goals, increase productivity and, of course, have fun in the process.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
This course is perfect for project directors, project managers, assistance project manager, project team members, technical team members, financial executive, business analyst and anyone who is directly involved with projects in almost every industry who wishes to achieve a better understanding of practical, formal project management methods.
At the end of this action-based workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the correct method of financial assessment for a project and understand the formula, method of calculation and analysis of results.
- Identify types of cost, definition and financial terminologies used in a project.
- Create a total project scope in a form of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and project schedule by using Critical Path method.
- Create a short and long term project costing and financial requirements.
- Perform project cost monitoring by using Earn Value Management (EMV) techniques and S-Curve analysis
- Perform analysis and post project assessment in terms of profit and loss (PNL)
- Course Structure and Objectives
- Project Assessment and Selection Method
- Benefit Cost Ratio
- Payback Period
- Present Value
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Weighted Scoring Model
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Cost Definition
- Opportunity Cost
- Opportunity Loss
- Direct Cost
- Indirect Cost
- Variable Cost
- Fixed Cost
- Sunk Cost
- Capital Expenditure (CAPEX)
- Operational Expenditure (OPEX)
- Cost Monitoring
- Earn Value Management (EVM)
- Planned Value (PV)
- Earn Value (EV)
- Actual Cost (AC)
- S-Curve Analysis
- Cost Performance Index (CPI)
- Schedule Performance Index (SPI)
- Cost Performance Index (SPI)
- Cost Variance (CV)
- Schedule Variance (SV)
- Project Cost Calculation
- Project Scope vs. Product Scope
- Scope Definition
- Creating a WBS
- WBS and Account Code
- Estimate Resource
- Estimate Duration
- Develop Project Schedule
- Critical Path
- Definitive Estimate
- Project Cost Calculation and Cost Baseline
- Management Reserve & Contingency Reserve