- This event has passed.
MALAYSIA – Project Planning & Control with MS Project (10-11 June)
June 10, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
10-11 June 2019 (2 Days, Weekday) | 16 PDUs
9.00am to 6.00pm
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This two day instructor-led workshop is essential for all users of Microsoft® Project 2010 who need to define, plan, monitor and communicate effectively for any type of project. You will learn powerful tools and techniques to improve the scheduling, estimating, budgeting, staffing, coordinating, controlling and reporting of projects.
Working on real case studies, participants in small project teams will be guided through a step-by-step process using standard forms and template files with proven and effective training methods to plan, execute, monitor, control and close-out projects.
Materials in this class are aligned with the Project Management Institute, ‘A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge’ (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013.).
Courseware has been developed by Microsoft Certified Technology Specialists who also hold the Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential and use Microsoft® Office Project 2010 on a daily basis.
- This course qualifies for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs) under Project Management Institute (PMI) Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program Category A
At ePM Training Services we are fully committed to delivering outstanding practical, memorable learning experiences for all participants, enabling you to attain your individual and company goals, increase productivity and, of course, have fun in the process.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
The workshop is perfect for managers, planners, schedulers, team-leaders and project coordinators and is suitable for all levels from beginners to experienced users of Microsoft® Project
At the end of this interactive workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe and apply a step-by-step process to plan, execute, monitor, control and close-out projects with the aid of Microsoft®Project 2010
- Prepare a Project Baseline, and track and report progress against the baseline using Variance Analysis and Earned Value techniques
- Apply useful and time-saving tips and tricks including standard forms and template files to help you effectively plan and execute your next project
The Project Framework:
- Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, Closing
Forms and Templates
Planning the Project
- Define Scope and Create Work Breakdown Structure **
- PERT Estimation and Network Precedence Diagramming Technique **
- Resource Allocation and Commitment **
- Resource Leveling **
- Critical Path Method of Schedule Network Analysis **
- Crashing and Fast-Tracking **
- Estimate Cost and Determine Budget **
Monitor Project Performance
- Tracking Gantt **
- Progress Lines **
- Earned Value Analysis **
Practical Exercises and Case Studies **
MALAYSIA – THE SBL SCHEME
The SBL Scheme is provided for training courses in Malaysia. HRDF – SBL Scheme supports up to 100% of the course and exam fees, capped at RM1,300 per day for Company – Sponsored trainees. Please visit www.hrdf.com.my for full details.