ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Differing working styles and ineffective communication strategies can lead to unnecessary conflict, reduce efficiency, communication breakdown, ineffective teamwork and possibility of damaging relationships, and leading to poor results in projects and in business.
This workshop helps participant to increase self-awareness on self and others natural strengths, preferred communication style and conflict approach, and potential pitfalls in how they relate to others.
This highly interactive and activity-based workshop equips participant with strategies, tips, tools and techniques to develop effective communication strategies, lead and manage conflict to get you the results while leaving the relationship stronger and restoring the self-worth of everyone involved.
Participants will receive their own personalized Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI); a powerful tool enhancing the ability to communicate more effectively, handle conflict more productively leading to more productive relationships.
- Course structure and objectives Common sources of conflict
- Common symptoms in conflict
- Levels and types of conflicts
- Identify self and others natural strengths and preferred communication styles
- Identify self and others preferred approach in managing conflict
Managing Conflict to create Win-win Outcomes
- Structured approach to lead and manage conflict
- How to anticipate and prevent conflict
- How to recognize first signs of conflict in self
- How to manage and resolve conflict
Strategies, Tips and Techniques
- Tips for effective communication
- Determine communication strategies adapting to individual needs
- Tips for utilizing your natural strengths when relating and dealing with others
- Determine an appropriate approach to manage conflict
- Types of conflict resolution styles
Who Should Participate
This course is perfect for project managers, team leaders, business analysts, program managers, managers, supervisors, sales, marketing, procurement officers and anyone who need to enhance conflict management and communication skills to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
At the end of this interactive workshop, participants will be able to:
Identify your natural strengths, preferred communication styles and conflict approach
Learn how to utilize your strengths when relating and dealing with others
Apply the insights to flex your behavior and adapt your communication to manage differences, build rapport and minimize understandings
Explain key communication strategies used in conflict management
Apply techniques, strategies and insights to anticipate and prevent conflicts, recognize the first signs of conflict in self and others, manage and resolve conflict
Explain the different conflict resolution styles and their appropriate application
This course qualifies for 16 Professional Development Units (PDUs) under Project Management Institute (PMI) Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program Category A.