BCM Internal Audit Course - ISO 22301: 2012
Duration: 2 Days (9.00am - 5.00pm) | Code: JB-303
When a BCM programme has been implemented, it must to remain relevant at all times in order to provide operational resiliency to the organisation. ISO 22301 requires the BCM System to be continually improved and maintained, hence there is a need for internal audits to be carried out.
Often the appointed internal auditors are not familiar enough with BCM concepts or its operating systems to carry out system audit. Again, in many cases, appointed auditors do not possess the necessary skills to conduct audit. Accordingly, there are lapses in complying with the important ISO standards requirements pertaining to performance review and management oversight.
The course provides BCM internal auditors with key understanding on ISO 2102 requirements, and carrying out duties of an internal auditor. A balance of knowledge and skills development is ensured so as to impart the correct level of proficiency to participants to conduct internal audits.
BCM Project Manager, BCM Internal Auditors and BCM personnel will benefit from this course.
1. Understanding the BCM System
- Understanding ISO 22301-2012 requirements: critical and less critical requirements
- Understanding organisation's BCM System: its objectives and key BCM focus areas.
2. Understanding the role as an auditor
- Highlights of ISO 19011: management system auditing
- Developing the Audit Plan: over several months/years
- Preparing an Audit Plan: areas of audit, audit focus, audit criteria
- Conducting an internal audit: do's and don'ts
- Audit approach: documentation, discussion and demonstration
- Audit Findings: writing audit statement, non-conformity
- Managing Corrective Actions
3. Audit Reporting
- Summary of Audit Findings from audit team
- Distilling Key Issues
- Recommendations and Follow-up
4. Project Workshop
- Audit: sample audit findings
- Preparing an Audit - based on a case study